Required skills & experience:
• Familiar with Ruby on Rails, React, GitHub, PostgreSQL, RESTful APIs, Docker/Kubernetes
• 5+ years of experience
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science
What you need to know:
• Work directly with the CTO and Director of Engineering to flesh out and improve engineering best practices and build the team.
• Make rapid improvements to our consumer facing and enterprise applications.
• You are able to look at the direction that your company is going and help you come up with a long-term plan that is going to work.
• You will be guiding engineers on the team in building high quality, maintainable software that will grow with the company, and spend a good deal of your time writing code.
• You will help us build one of the best teams and engineering cultures in Austin.
• You will be continually challenged but supported to grow as a technical leader.
• Lead direction of Everlywell platform from a technical perspective.
• Lead and facilitate decision making during technical planning.
• Spend some time as an individual contributor directly writing code.
• Work directly on our consumer facing and enterprise products, testing and iterating on improvements that drive value.
• Review code and mentor developers on coding practices.
• Actively participate in the ideation and execution of product roadmap.
• Ensure the continuous improvement of engineering and product processes, such as continuous delivery and high quality automated testing.
• Communicate well across a range of audiences, from a small team to large enterprise customers.
• Work independently and solve tough problems with little guidance.
licenses and certifications