Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
A TS/SCI security clearance with the ability to obtain a Polygraph is required at time of hire. Candidate must be able to obtain the Polygraph within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Sseeking motivated candidates to join our insider threat detection, systems integration team. Our mission oriented team is responsible for the design, testing, deployment, maintenance, operation, and evolution of the systems directly supporting the insider threat detection program of a large government customer in the United States Intelligence Community (USIC). GDMS has an immediate opening on the team for a motivated Software Developer with a self-starter mindset who is up to date with the latest tools and techniques. This is a challenging yet rewarding position that provides an opportunity to leverage cutting edge technologies in pursuit of a vital mission that protects people, sensitive information/technologies, and the national security posture of the USIC.
The majority of work will be performed in Chantilly, Virginia, which is located approximately 25 miles west of Washington D.C., near the Dulles International Airport. The selected Network Engineer will support a 6+ year contract recently secured.
- Design, develop, and deploy client facing software
- Interact with other software developers, customers, and stakeholders
- Solve complex problems and improve processes
- Collaborate with team members to ensure code is completed efficiently and effectively
- Perform root cause analysis on production systems
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following software languages: C#/.NET, Java, or Python
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft development tools (Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, etc.)
- Solid understanding of object-oriented architecture and design
- Experience building customer facing software
- Hands on experience with SQL Server
- Solid understanding of Git
- Practical experience with Agile or Scrum software development methodologies
- Python application development and/or scripting in a Linux environment
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB preferred)
- Experience with graph databases (Arango DB preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with Web Server Configurations (IIS preferred)