This position requires programming using CAD CAM software, in maintaining 5 Axis Machining Centers and will directly report to the Machine Shop Supervisor.
- Programming, set up and operate CNC Milling:
- Review of specifications, verify procedures and accuracy
- Ability to read blueprints/drawings with ASME Y14.5 GD&T
- Maximizing machine uptime, efficiency, and quality to exceed goal of 90% OEE
- Develop and maintain tool data sheets
- CNC programming on Fanuc and Siemens controls
- Designing and manufacturing modular work holdings and fixtures
- Develop digital SOP/SWI within Celos
- New part process planning
- Update setup documentation
- Maintaining of equipment including:
- Reporting of necessary repairs
- Trouble shooting
- Tooling and Fixtures
- Ability to work with a variety of materials – primarily nodular iron with a 10% mix of steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
- Machining operations including facing, grinding, turning, boring, threading, drilling, and reaming
- Fixturing castings and large work pieces in a high mix, low volume environment
- Perform other duties as assigned by Machine Shop Supervisor.
- Job requires standing – some of the work can be done while seated. Since overhead cranes are available in all work areas, Technicians are not required to lift more than 50 pounds.
- Keeps work area clean and free of scrap materials.
- Wears and complies with all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) applicable to work area, including but not limited to eye protection and safety shoes.
- Follows all safety rules applicable to machine as stated on posted signs and in Company policy.
Education / Skills:
- Must be U.S. Citizen due to our government contracts
- High School Degree
- CNC Programming certification
- Experience with inspection and metrology tools including micrometers, calipers, optical comparators
- 5 years expert programming experience of 5 Axis Machining Centers using CAD CAM software – MasterCAM experience preferred
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances per ASME Y14.5
- Ability to work tolerances to +/- .0001”
- CMM Programming experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2008
- Lean Experience
- Expert user of CAD and 3D Modeling software – Solidworks preferred
- Vertical and Horizontal Machining