This position has responsibilities for accuracy of all aspects of supply chain accounting, including costing, inventory, and monthly reporting. It requires sound knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)and experience with general ledger functions and the month-end close process. In this job position, the successful candidate will be responsible for accounting accuracy and reporting associated with supply chain, in effect acting as a controller for our supply chain organization. This position may be asked to perform financial analysis to support supply chain special projects and company initiatives, will be responsible for identifying and implementing process improvements, and will assist with the implementation of the company’s new ERP system. The position communicates with various personnel both within as well as with external customers and service providers. The consistency, accuracy, and timeliness of this communication are vital and must clearly convey all outstanding issues.
- Provide support for internal and external financial statements in compliance with GAAP and/or other local regulatory requirements.
- Oversee supply chain period-end close activities to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks, including identification and resolution of unusual items and issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Create and maintain monthly accounting schedules as support for the balance sheet account reconciliations for the purposes of financial audits (whether requested by external service provider, internal audit or the external auditor).
- Prepare and/or review balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Perform period-end close activities ranging from preparation and review of monthly journal entries to reviewing monthly financial results for accuracy.
- Perform general accounting activities in the SAP general ledger, which includes reviewing, preparing and uploading journal entries into appropriate tools and technology.
- Exercise judgment in financial, operational, or transactional analysis to identify and help resolve issues.
- Assist with evaluating effectiveness of processes, procedures, and control environment and develop improvements, as needed.
- Document processes (e.g. desk procedures) and recommend process improvements.
- Effectively communicate information impacting various groups within the organization (tax, legal, HR, financial reporting, financial planning & analysis, etc.).
- Demonstrate ability to effectively work in a team environment both within and outside of assigned area of responsibility.
- Assist with annual financial statement audits and audit of internal controls
- Participate on cross-functional teams
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Assist with implementation of new ERP system (SAP 4HANA)
- Project accounting and analytics for both capital projects and miscellaneous programs
- Bachelors degree in accounting required
- CPA, CMA certification and/or advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of business experience in public accounting and/or corporate accounting. Experience with a public accounting firm preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end close process
- Strong knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and ability to research
- Proven ability to multi-task and strong project management skills
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Advanced spreadsheet modeling skills
- Experience with a large ERP system; SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.