Performs all machining functions of production and support equipment in the assigned areas. Work includes manufacture of assembly machine components, tooling, fixtures, and jigs. All work is to be performed in such a manner as to ensure good workmanship with minimum delay. This position is responsible for performing all duties involving the layout, construction, alteration, and repair of injection molds.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Performs all machining functions of production and support equipment in assigned areas.
- Work includes manufacture of assembly machine components, tooling, fixtures and jigs.
- All work is to be performed in such a manner as to ensure good workmanship with minimum delay.
- Responsible for performing all duties involving layout, construction, alteration and repair of injection molds.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the field’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Senior position may act as a team leader to ensure that the work meets agreed targets by directly overseeing work team members.
- Will become the subject matter expert at higher levels of job.
- Documents activities accordingly.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Required to apply advanced working knowledge of technical field/area of specialization. Exercises general application of principles, theories and concepts, and proposes a course of action. Performs advance shop floor competencies.
- Works under general supervision. May periodically assist in orienting, training, assigning & checking the work of other peers.
- May require some limited judgement in resolving problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Frequent contact with external contractors/vendors.