As a Domain Architect, will be responsible for advancing the enterprise strategy throughout ITA internal customers to deliver reliable value to customers. You will provide leadership, technical and analytical skills throughout the enterprise. Proactively engages staff throughout to determine architectural needs, address those needs, and communicating the resulting architectural standards, guidance, and strategies. In collaboration with other ITA and Federated Architects, the Domain Architect works with Application Development, Infrastructure, and Product Management during system design and development phases to ensure that the resulting products meet the highest architectural standards. Focus on overall project technical and architecture design, quality of solution, knowledge transfer to other areas, and mentoring the project technical team members. Conduct research and understands industry trends and events with regards to technology, and can understand and evaluate the use of automated tools and utilities in support of enterprise strategy.
This role must be able to deliver value frequently and consistently to our internal customers.
The ITA Domain Architect (DA) applies a broad business understanding and technical knowledge to create and improve critical systems. The DA will participate from the very early stages of an initiative, working with business development and the industry, to analyze the overall business problem and objectives and to develop strategies to meet those objectives. This involves conducting interviews and workshops to make well informed solution and improvement recommendations. This Director level position provides leadership and guidance to teams and management through all phases of projects, including post-deployment support for adoption by users. This means facilitating the development of, and analyzing business processes, participating in application design, supporting development teams, testing and service introduction to clients. The DA must possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to translate complex business processes into easy to understand language. This position requires working closely with the technical and governance functions, reviewing and interpreting technical designs and specifications, assisting with budget planning and estimation, estimating project costs and producing schedules.
- Lead and enable collaboration across all specialties ensures that Product, AD, Infrastructure, Security, Architecture are all working together
- Develop and document architecture solutions, including designs, guidelines and architecture-specific standards for enterprise-wide implementation
- Provide thought leadership and direction in identifying APIs, Common Components, and Shared Services
- Lead the design and documentation of technology architectures to enable repeatable, faster, and compliant delivery to our customers
- Maintain understanding of existing applications and technology solutions for leveraging the reuse of services and for the consolidation of services.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in IT (5+ years of Architectural experience preferred)
- Minimum 7+ years of hands-on development experience in Java, C# or similar language
- Experience with multiple programming languages preferred
- Cloud development experience preferred