The Director, Human Resources will be responsible for the strategic and transformational leadership of all aspects of HR. The Director, HR will be a thought leader in advancing organizational capability and effectiveness through demonstrated leadership and results locally, while also contributing directly to network wide efficacy within a matrixed shared service model. S/he will be charged with aligning HR initiatives with the affiliate and network near and long-term strategic imperatives.
The role is integral to the success of Function, and Shared Service Centers of Excellence (COEs) and provides deep expertise and partnership regarding the design, development, and deployment of our people strategies; while partnering with our COE and affiliate leadership to deliver enterprise-wide employee solutions. S/he will be a champion of the physician/administrative dyad operating model at Porter, supporting leaders and employees thru the change necessary to succeed within a matrix organization.
The Director, HR will lead the HR function at as a strategic asset to the Porter leadership team and Network HR Leadership Council. S/he will be responsible for the development of a strong effective and respected human resources organization network-wide. The Director, HR will ensure that the HR organization is expert; proactive and viewed by its internal clients at all levels to be credible in the business, strategic, responsive and vital to the organization’s success.
Specific Responsibilities: The Director, HR will be focused on embedding talent, total rewards, organizational development, HR operations & technology, engagement & labor management as core processes throughout the affiliate & network. S/he will be accountable for supporting the organization’s people agenda to acquire, develop, engage and retain exceptional talent to drive long-term performance and results.
S/he will direct the continuing development and deployment of performance management, talent management, learning and leadership development programs to build organizational skills, foster change management competencies and achieve goal alignment in support local and system wide strategic plans.
S/he will also focus on facilitating strong employee engagement programs that facilitate open communication with leadership, educate employees on how they contribute to enterprise-wide goals, and promote a commitment to continuous improvement at all levels within the organization.
S/he will evaluate the organization on a recurring basis, propose changes that will make the HR organization better aligned with affiliate and network objectives, increase organizational clarity and reduce redundancy and costs.
While serving as an architect to the HR Shared Service Model, the Director, HR will work closely with the President to advance the culture journey of the hospital. Designing and delivering with the President and the senior leadership team a multi-year culture plan that builds engagement, increases manager quality, establishes effective labor relations, diversity/inclusion, development and over all organizational health to achieve clinical, quality and fiscal success.
Further responsibilities include:
· Ensuring that there is shared ownership of HR programs across the system. Facilitates an annual cycle of affiliate strategic business and HR core processes that align talent to organizational results including: Organizational Strategic Plan, Budget, Workforce planning, HR Strategic Plan (Local & Network), Performance Management, Talent Management, Organizational Health and Change Management.
· Quickly developing credibility with employees at all levels of the organization, and consulting with senior management regarding key organizational issues related to the attainment of people, patient, community and organizational goals.
· Maintaining an integrated Human Resources Organization aligned with UVMHN immediate and long-term business priorities, while ensuring cost competitiveness and collaboration across the entire enterprise.
· Partnering with senior leadership team to develop and execute a succession planning, change management and other programs facilitating the integration of cultures and people.
· Developing and implementing a talent management and leadership development philosophy and programs to ensure that current and future leadership requirements to run the organization are met at all levels, beginning with senior leadership (e.g., workforce planning, succession planning, recruiting, management and employee training, and mentoring/coaching).
· Establishing a key set of HR metrics that can be tracked over time and that are instrumental to the growth and performance of , UVMHN and its employees.
· Managing external partners/resources to help support and develop any of the above as well as determining which strategic partnerships and business models will deliver the most impactful results.
This position is a dual report to both the President / COO and Vice President / CMO leadership dyad and UVMHN Chief People Officer (CPO). This position will also sit on the senior leadership team and the Network HR Council. Sphere of influence is 1000 employees locally and system wide is 15,000 employees and 2B+ revenue.
II. Freedom to Act/Accountably & Working Relationship/Contacts:
The VP HR must influence and partner with the highest levels of org leadership. S/he works with members of the , UVMHN and HR leadership teams and supports developing and delivering the strategic plan.