Position Title: E & I Construction Manager
Assignment Length: 8-months contract (option to extend)
Schedule: Work 5 to 6 days a week, 8 to 10 hours day
• Overall responsibility for the safe execution of project and site/construction implementation
• Manage the construction implementation in full compliance with Safety, Cost and Schedule, QA & QC etc.
• Manage the execution strategy
• Driven a E&I Construction & Commissioning driven project strategy
• Assist the Selection of sub-contractors and follow thru the implementation, forecasting and contract closeout
• Assist the QA Procedure and QC Compliance in implementation
• Managing and tracking of procurement by contractor, especially long lead item as well as bulk materials procurement and timely delivery
• Ensure the full implementation of Safety Procedure and Requirement
• Safety Focus, experience in the enforcement with assistance of site Safety Manager of OSHA and Corporate Safety Procedure and Requirements
• Assisting in prelim. Contract review, constructability review and schedule review
• Plan and establish the site setting up and respective enabling works
• Responsible for shutdown & interface management on site
• Ensure the works perform compliance to Spec, COP and Project requirement
• Tracking and ensure the overall progress is on or ahead of schedule and cost
• Maintenance of daily record of all activities, labor & plant and any non-compliant of materials and workmanship
• Anticipate and resolve problems encountered in the field to eliminate costly rework or re-testing through the EPC Contractor.
• Ensure ITP and document compilation compliance
• Review Method Statement of Works
• Assist management of the E&I contract, and Equipment installation
• Manage respective sub-contractors and monitor progress and reporting
• Ensure work is performed as per “approved for construction” plans and specifications via coordination with Quality Assurance (QA).
• Manage Walk-down, Punch-listing, Clearing and Closure
• Interface and close coordination with Client, EP team and other project team members
• Managing the pre-com and commissioning works which may include IQ/OQ
• Manage the turnover and closure of the contract.
• Have knowledge and be familiar with electrical installation methods, Codes and regulations, Safety rules and construction techniques.
• Act as a Site Safety Leader and role model to promote the highest standards in Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) culture in the project community.
Skills & Experience:
• Electrical Trade background preferred
• Proven Construction management track with extensive experience in Air Separation, Petrochemical, Oil & Gas or Pharmaceutical Industries preferred
• Diverse managerial know how in managing and coordination of multiple disciplines
• Good experience in handling contract dispute
• Critical human relations skill in understanding, selecting, training, developing and motivating people
• Strong Analytical, problem solving ability with adaptive and constructive thinking
• Fit and ready for construction site environment
• Be a Good Leader, Independent and Pro active
• Good communicator (verbal and written)
• Calm professional manner but able to make firm and timely decision
• Positive attitude and be proactive to identify & resolve management problem
• Be prepare to works extended hours per site requirement
• Be a team work player with good interpersonal skill