Position Summary :
The Enterprise Architecture team comprises of a small number of highly experienced senior individuals who operate collaboratively across the organization. The individual in this role must have the experience and depth of knowledge to command respect across our highly competent digital and IT teams. They must be able to work globally, across time zones and able to communicate clearly with senior stake holders. The Application Architect is responsible for delivering a strategy and roadmap for application delivery frameworks and tools, that constantly improves development agility and reduces operating costs.
- Set and maintain architectural standards, policies and frameworks that govern all aspects of application development, maintenance and ultimately retirement, that continuously converge our enterprise landscape towards a smaller, well defined set of technologies that improve business agility and drive down IT operating costs.
- Maintains a technology roadmap that helps forecast the future state of the technical stack based on industry and technology trends, projected growth and the evolution of applications.
- Develop full stack “blueprints” for application architectures that encompass middleware (messaging, API’s etc) though to digital user interfaces.
- Design and develop a core set of shared services that can be consumed by all divisions. Promote reuse and leveraging of existing software components and services.
- Bring together and lead a “guild” of likeminded professionals across MMC that unlocks the size and scale of talent within the organization.
- Create, maintain and/or enhance a target enterprise application landscape (TAL) that drives reuse where appropriate across the enterprise. Monitors the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application or organic growth of applications.
- Collaborates with application teams across the enterprise and provides recommendations on competitive frameworks and solutions to address application inefficiencies, increase stability, and support scaling efforts
- Contribute directly to enterprise wide projects.
Knowledge and skills:
- A comprehensive understanding of regulated environments, systems security and privacy.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of contemporary application development stacks including MEAN, MERN, Microsoft and other emerging open source technologies.
- Has direct experience of Agile and Devops delivery using these stacks.
- Has experience with large public cloud providers such as Azure, AWS or GCP including their PaaS services.
- An understanding of emerging technology themes such as AI/ML, IoT, Blockchain and RPA.
- Understands business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization’s targeted business outcomes.
- Able to operate at scale and with senior stake holders.
- Working collaboratively with peers from all divisions across MMC, able to lead discussions, build consensus and encourage adoption.
- Has a delivery focused approach.