Come play with passion at Simpson Technologies! We are a family-owned, 100+ year old company that designs industrial mixers and related equipment. Due to an internal promotion, we have an opening for a Field Service Engineer! You will travel the globe to start up or service our equipment, while building relationships with our customers.
Specific duties include:
• Service existing equipment at customer sites to ensure that equipment is performing at optimal levels and according to machine specifications. Troubleshoots to isolate and resolve problems.
• Commissions new equipment at the customer site. Ensures that the equipment has been properly installed for start-up (mechanically and electrically).
• Performs warranty service calls to troubleshoot equipment problems, and courtesy calls to ensure optimum customer satisfaction.
• Checks stock on customer spare parts for equipment and uses suggestive selling techniques to increase spare parts sales.
• Develops and provides ideas to Engineering department to improve equipment design and eliminate recurring manufacturing and design flaws.
• Seeks equipment upgrades and new equipment business opportunities and promotes the advantages of purchasing Performance Partnership Contracts (PPC’s).
- 5 – 7 years’ experience in an industrial environment with responsibility for industrial machine maintenance and commissioning
- Experience and proficiency in editing/changing/manipulating the PLC(Programmable Logic Controls) data (Allen Bradley and Siemens).
- The ability to read PLC diagrams/schematics and troubleshoot such equipment
- Able to read and interpret electrical schematics (interpreting mechanical drawings a big plus)
- Knowledge of pneumatic principles
- Must love being a road warrior! Travel up to 80% worldwide. As such, must possess or be able to obtain a valid passport.
- Must possess effective computer skills
- Must present professionally with a positive, customer-focused attitude
- BS in Engineering (or equivalent experience)
- Must provide own transportation (reimbursable) to drive to various customer sites
- Previous experience in a foundry environment a big plus
- Ideal locations are IL, IN or WI near a major airport
- 10% Bonus opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA (flexible spending accounts/ health savings accounts)
- Competitive 401(k) match
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Company-paid life and disability plans
- Discount program