The Mission of this position is to analyze financial performance and advise management regarding the effective use of resources and the maximization of the return on financial investments and expenditures.
The Financial Analyst will analyze statistics and utilizes principles of accounting to analyze past and present financial operations and estimate future revenues and expenditures. Studies records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, and investments. Partners with management to provide financial insights and analysis that enable management to make decisions that improve operational performance.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Budget vs. Actual
- Cashflow forecast accuracy
- Earnings forecast accuracy
- Financial Dashboards that are predictive of P&L
- Own and manage the annual budgeting and planning process and help to analyze to explain budget variances as appropriate.
- Own and manage the capital expenditure budgeting and planning process. Analyzing returns on capital investment to maximize ROI.
- Forecast and manage organizational cash flow for senior leadership
Financial modeling and analysis
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial dashboards and forecasts in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist senior leadership in identifying financial opportunities by evaluating revenues, expenses, and other financial performance data
- Forecast and model revenue, expenses, and earnings for senior leadership
- Financial benchmarking
Investment portfolio oversight
- Manage and track the performance of invested assets
- Monitor portfolio to ensure compliance with investment policies and guidelines.
- Assist senior leadership
And other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field.
- 5 years of related experience in financial analysis and modelling.
- Financial operations, including financial reporting, cash flow analysis, budgeting, and analysis
- Financial software systems (Sage Intacct Preferred) and related technologies
- Proficiency with Microsoft products, especially Excel
- Economics and investment strategies
- MBA highly preferred
- Innovation: Questions how things have been done in the past and try to develop new ways to address business issues or problems. Forward-thinking.
- Decisive Judgment: Makes sound and timely decisions with conviction. Assumes responsibility for the outcomes of their decisions.
- Adapting to Change Flexible to changing circumstances. Open to change and different ways of doing things and doesn’t over-rely on old methods and processes.
- Business Acumen: Displays and effectively applies a good understanding of general business and financial concepts to their work.
- Planning & Organizing: Efficiently manages their time and the time of others. Manages multiple demands and competing deadlines. Effectively plans the timelines and actions of projects
- Delivering Results: Assumes personal responsibility for achieving outcomes and works effectively with little direction. Dependable and responsible.
- Continuous Improvement :Applies discipline and detail orientation to their work activities and constantly looks for ways to improve efficiency or effectiveness. Customer Service Recognizes customer needs. Consistently seeks to do more than what is required to satisfy internal/external customers.
- Integrity: Conscientiously and reliably behaves ethically and honestly in all interactions.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Builds and maintains cooperative work relationships with others. Completes tasks for group projects in a timely and responsible manner.
- Interpersonal Communication: Listens effectively and develops a rapport with others. Articulates thoughts and ideas clearly. Effectively share information with others.