Role and Responsibilities
The essential roles and responsibilities are outlined below:
- Perform routine inspections, testing, servicing, installation and preventative maintenance of life safety (fire detection, security, CCTV, & monitoring) product lines.
- Troubleshoot system problems and resolve via physical equipment installation or software changes.
- Possess or ability to obtain knowledge of NFPA, State, and local fire codes and become NICET certified.
- Ability to program systems via laptop using minor to complex equations and thought processes (MSS will provide factory training).
- Knowledge of computer networking, IP addressing, and connectivity.
- Knowledge of low voltage electrical, including troubleshooting skills and instruments.
- Knowledge of, or desire to learn security systems and CCTV.
- Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule.
- Input, retrieve and archive inspection documentation program via the laptop computer.
- Maintain customer satisfaction for continual company growth.
- Complete assigned tasks on time with little supervision.
- Support emergency service call-out on a rotational basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Two years’ experience in commercial / industrial fire alarm systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word documents pertaining to inspection reporting.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, and specifications
- Ability to read and interpret technical and parts manuals to diagnose and repair equipment.
- Experience with hand tools and multi-meter usage
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to work on lifts and ladders
- Must possess hand tools
- Must be willing to travel within NC/SC for day trips and work extended hours as needed.
- Regular and supervisory probation period required, if applicable.
- Random drug testing required.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
MSS Solutions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free environment
- Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled