The Head of Business Development is accountable for creating new business opportunities and client management for , LLC. The geographical scope of the position is primarily the North America and secondary scope is creating new business opportunities for global including EU and APAC. The candidate will be responsible for achieving target revenue performance and growth strategy and initiatives for. The candidate will direct the development, implementation, and achievement of both short and long term objectives, budgets, and operating plans as they relate to external collaboration efforts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Create and implement an effective, proactive growth strategy designed to generate new business opportunities for CDMO services in order to achieve company’s revenue goals.
- Perform high-level business development activities, including meeting 1:1 with potential customers, making capabilities presentations, negotiating contract terms, and managing the quotation and proposal process for new projects.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of customers, competitors and markets. Identify target customers where global capabilities represent a fit and where global can realize significant value as collaborate with business development function with other regions.
- Develop and implement short and long term operating objectives, strategies, marketing plans and budgets required to meet the business’ growth, profitability and financial efficiency objectives. Manage the company’s tradeshow participation, advertising and promotional efforts.
- Provide effective account management for existing and new customers.
- Accountable for maintaining strategic relationships with industry partners and collaborators
Understand client life science products to better inform present or future opportunities for improvement and advancement. Build strong, long-lasting relationships within the industry to provide a platform for prospective clients to discuss new opportunities.
Create business development strategies to increase the company revenue, brand value and profitability of customer accounts through development and improvement of client services.
- Development of strategic business development opportunities
- Knowledge and experience of CDMO service in pharmaceutical industry
- Strong leadership and coaching skill to develop business development team
- Relationship management of customers and internal stakeholders
- Strong collaborative and influencing skills and ability to work well in a cross-functional, matrixed environment
- Flexible and able to adapt to company growth and evolving responsibilities
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
Associate Director, Business Development
Director, Marketing and Communications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline and a proven track record of achieving sales targets and developing relationships with director-level contacts at pharmaceutical and biotechnology organizations. Experience with negotiating and closing deals in the area of pharmaceutical industry and GMP manufacturing desirable.
- An undergraduate education in a scientific or financial discipline; preferably chemistry, biology or pharmaceutical science or MBA will be a plus.
- A minimum of seven – 10 years of relevant industry experience in pharmaceutical/medical product development and/or business development. Possesses solid understanding of CDMO business in pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading multiple complex cross functional projects; demonstrated leadership across all functions and throughout all levels of the organization.
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills and the ability to lead the development of a comprehensive business plan.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite: MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- This role operates within a professional office environment of a manufacturing operations plant. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Seating is mixed and includes open space seating, cubicle, and office space. Noise level is moderate.
- Must have the ability to work in a team-oriented environment and with clients
- Travel, including International travel is expected
- Occasionally early meetings with Europe and late meetings with Japan
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time however walking and standing are required on occasion.
- Consistently operates a computer and other office tools, such as a computer, calculator, copy machine, and objects such as writing instruments.
- Frequently communicates with staff involved with client projects; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and/or extensive reading.
- Must be physically capable to stand; walk; sit; bend; stretch; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.