Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance with a Polygraph is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Help make the technologies, products and services that make a difference. That’s the opportunity that’s waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. We help our nation’s heroes keep our nation safe by creating solutions so advanced, they redefine innovation for the world. It’s an amazing challenge. And it’s waiting for you now.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
Working successfully within a team, the Junior DevOps Engineer will assist in interfacing with the customer, their operations team, and respond to customer requests, find system deficiencies and work-arounds to circumvent deficiencies, and perform software requirements analysis, participate in research and design, and develop and test software and tools. Your talent will be front and center.
DevOps Engineers will have the opportunity to work on an Agile team to design and develop a wide array of K8s and Spring Based high data rate Microservices using Java 11.
DevOps Engineers on SWITCHHITTER have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies including:
Technologies: Microservices, AWS, Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes, Cassandra, Java 11, ReactJS, Spring Boot/Cloud/Data, Redis, Postgres
Tools: Maven, Node, Git, Sonar, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Atlassian Jira (Bitbucket, Confluence, Bamboo, Crucible)
- Experience interfacing directly with customer, their operations team, and responding to customer requests
- Finding system deficiencies, finding work-arounds to circumvent deficiencies, and figuring out solutions to remove them, working with both front-end and back-end portions of the system
- Understanding entire data flow and all data formats, and troubleshooting problems
- Linux Experience
- Application framework experience such as Spring Framework
- Familiarity with Microservices
- Familiarity with Docker or Kubernetes
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge – as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s in software engineering or a related technical field, plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree is required; Agile experience preferred
- Strong understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Solid knowledge of the software development process
What sets you apart:
- Ability to interact effectively with project teams, managers and end users
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Solid ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and handle increasing responsibilities with growing complexity
- Creative and innovative thinking with the ability to multi-task