- SME in Federal Income Tax
- Prior Big 8 Experience
- CPA or MS Taxation
Managing a team of 2-3 staff accountants, the Manager, Federal Income Tax is responsible for the Federal income tax provision and tax return, including all associated tax compliance functions. The manager also will be involved with identifying and assisting with implementing tax planning projects. The principal business responsibilities for this position are to maintain income tax filing compliance at the federal level and to accurately calculate the impact on the global tax provision. This role will report directly to the VP, Global Tax. Changes in reporting lines change based on business needs and landscape which may or may not result in changes of direct manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Assist in preparing and reviewing quarterly and annual tax provision and tax account analysis using One Source and Hyperion tax provision software
· Maintain fixed assets for Federal tax depreciation purposes
· Responsible for monitoring, assessing and implementation of accounting method changes.
· Responsible for monitoring, assessing and implementation of new tax laws
· Work closely with outside audit firm to facilitate the tax team review of provision, tax returns and other matters
· Research Federal tax issues and prepare monthly tax issues memos.
· Review quarterly tax account reconciliations
· Proactively partner with stakeholders within GameStop and externally
Federal Tax Compliance
· Prepare and review Federal tax estimates, returns and extensions
· Maintain Cash Forecasts for related tax compliance payments and receipts
· Manage the CAP program with IRS, including communication, point of contact for queries and general correspondence, and overall relationship
· Responsible for monitoring and understanding forecasted Taxable Income /Loss and implications of changes in forecast to tax deliverables.
· Participate in legal entity rationalization initiatives to ensure relevancy and optimal tax outcome.
· Responsible for managing transfer-pricing studies and liaising with business and vendors to achieve best outcome for GameStop.
· Responsible for R&D credit initiatives liaising with the appropriate business stakeholders and vendors
Tax Process and System Improvements
· Work closely with State Income Tax function and International Tax function to achieve joint Tax goals
· Manage tax vendors and responsibility for timely submission of month-end accruals
· Responsibility to identify opportunities to improve processes and optimize tax systems and automation tools
· Participate in the design and implementation of the company’s upcoming ERP implementation of Microsoft DC 365 and related systems for tax provision
Required Skills and Experience
· Accredited bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field required
· 8+ years of federal corporate income tax experience required, some of which must be in Big 4 Tax function working on global multi-jurisdiction organizations and some in private industry
· Experience with research, analysis and interpretation of Federal income tax laws.
· Direct experience in identifying relevant Federal tax issues and ability to determine their potential impact to GameStop
· Experience in people managerial skills and ability to coach and guide team members effectively
· Expert project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and competing priorities
· Proficient knowledge of tax provision software including OneSource and Hyperion Tax Provision modules is a must
· CPA, MBA, MS Taxation or JD Taxation
Preferred Skills and Experience
· Experience in global, publicly traded organizations
· Retail or multi-location tax experience preferred