SHIFTS: Focus is to bring on new Technologist for 2nd or 3rd shift
Our facility is a CLIA certified and CAP accredited advanced healthcare Molecular and Clinical Laboratory not a hospital. We are a primary resource for transitioning and implementing precision-guided medicine. Our science and medical team consist of experts in research and clinical product development for genetics. Personalized Medicine is at the forefront of what we do.
Under general supervision, the Medical Technologist /Or called Clinical Laboratory Scientist performs qualitative and quantitative testing in the Laboratory. Independent functionality at many different levels is expected. This includes but is not limited to areas of analysis and clinical decision-making, information management, regulatory compliance, education, quality assurance and performance improvement.
The independent and collaborative Clinical Laboratory Scientist is expected to be responsible for their own actions, as defined by the profession.
Must have a Tennessee State Laboratory License.
· Ability to perform various laboratory techniques with attention to detail.
· Microbiology experience a plus.
· Excellent computer skills.
· Willingness and ability and to follow instructions accurately, thoroughly and to take responsibility for one’s actions.
· Excellent organizational skills to cope with variable schedule and to maintain accuracy and expertise.
· Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting as required
· Perform CAP proficiency material successfully
· Follow written laboratory procedures
· Document any variations in policies and procedures for Quality Assurance
· Exercises discretion and good judgement in dissemination of patient information and in accordance with HIPAA requirements.
· Flexibility in coping with demands that vary from day to day.
· On own initiative, ability to identify potential problems and troubleshoot problems as necessary.
· Easy familiarity with basic laboratory techniques and equipment, as well as strong basic knowledge of biology, chemistry, hematology, mathematics and use of computers.
· Good oral and written communication skills along with interpersonal skills for dealing with a wide variety of staff.
· Ability to work under general supervision.
· Adherence to, and compliance with, all Federal, State and Local and Accreditation regulations as they relate to Laboratory work.
Education and Experience of Clinical Laboratory Scientist:
Minimum of 3 years experience
TN State License – ASCP Certification or equivalent REQUIRED
Must have some Molecular Experience
Familiar with TaqMan chemistry and data analysis
Availabile to work 2nd or 3rd shift