The Mortgage Servicing Manager is accountable for the day-to-day operations of the Mortgage Servicing group within the Mortgage Department. Ensures successful management of the mortgage servicing team and provides leadership, guidance, training and support while maintaining compliance with all Credit Union, investor, federal and state requirements, policies and procedures.
The Mortgage Servicing Manager has the responsibility of loan servicing of both internal portfolio loans as well as investor loans, post-loan administration functions such as modification, subordinations and partial releases, compliance management, funding, payment processing, escrow, insurance and reporting. Additionally, the Mortgage Servicing Manager maintains a high-performing, professional, and well-trained staff. Directs, motivates, and coordinates the development of staff to ensure maximum efficiency. Promotes the Credit Union’s image as a customer service-oriented, member-focused organization.
Mortgage Servicing Manager Key Responsibilities
- Is an integral part of the leadership team in living out HHCU’s corporate mission; “To be better for our members by making a positive difference in their lives and the communities we serve.”
- Ensures team delivers outstanding service to both internal and external members that is in alignment with the Credit Union’s Service Promises. Maintains current knowledge of all Credit Union products and services.
- Performs job duties within HHCU bylaws, regulations, Board of Directors policies, established internal and external service standards, and our work procedures. Complete annual Bank Secrecy/OFAC and any related training annually as assigned by Training or Compliance Staff. Comply with all applicable BSA/AML laws, rules, regulations, policies and business practices established by Credit Union management.
- As a member of HHCU management and Mortgage Department, provides thought-leadership and problem-solving pathways to make key contributions to the formulation of Mortgage Operations business strategy.
- Proactively advises on trends that are most relevant to the Credit Union’s goals. Stay abreast of industry trends and regulations to ensure business growth and risk management.
- Continuously evaluates Mortgage processes and technology, recommending process improvements and the necessary software to gain efficiencies and/or enhance user experience.
- Supports development of the Mortgage Department’s vision and strategy, and leads the Mortgage Servicing team and its business partners in effective execution of short-term and long-term goals.
- Ensures transparency and collaboration between the Mortgage Department and other business units, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Provides subject matter expertise and guidance in mortgage servicing along with portfolio management including loans that are held in-house or with investors.
- Fosters a culture of innovation, transparency and accountability and promotes a “member-first” and staff-first” mentality throughout the Mortgage department.
- Develops each employee to their highest potential by identifying their areas of improvement and appropriately coaching, training, or offering performance improvement directives. Holds employees accountable for their performance and behavior and recognizes employees who perform at a high level.
- Meets with each employee at least monthly to review previous month’s performance, set goals for upcoming month’s performance, and develop plans to continuously improve.
- Ensures management of loan servicing of both internal portfolio loans as well as investor loans, post-loan administration functions such as modification, subordinations and partial releases, compliance management, funding, payment processing, escrow, insurance and reporting.
- Keeps abreast of the latest investor requirements and regulatory compliance changes; takes the training courses necessary to gain the knowledge and understanding needed and provides regular updates and training to the Mortgage Servicing Team.
- Supports annual audits, submits reports and data as requested. Establishes and enforces all Mortgage policies and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. A combination of education and relevant experience will be considered.
- Five or more years of experience in mortgage servicing or lending.
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills necessary for supervising staff and communicating with mid/top level management and serving as a representative of the Credit Union.
- Work requires a sound knowledge of Freddie Mac guidelines, as well as credit union lending policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Requires independent judgment necessary to solve day-to-day problems within established guidelines. Analytical decision-making skills and ability to pay close attention to detail are necessary.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- NMLS registration required.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Works in a typical administrative setting with climate control and appropriate lighting.
- Work requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Work requires occasionally lifting and carrying up to twenty-five pounds.
The Mortgage Servicing Manager will perform other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time or without notice.