Why this job is awesome!
A lot feels uncertain these days, but if you’re anything like me (and like the rest of us), one thing that remains as constant as ever: the need to eat. Good food, fast is one of today’s humblest and yet most refined luxuries. What about a chance to help make that happen? To help make it better?
This company – still in stealth mode but has already grown to nearly 200 employees – is bracing to revolutionize the way we all get our hands on the absolute best food as quickly as possible. While we can’t give away the secret sauce just yet (apply to find out more!), this company has a recipe for success. With backing from some of the most seasoned investors in the game and a diverse team of smart, hard-working folks crafting one of the most exciting new ideas to hit the market, your competitive compensation, smart peers, and equity are all just icing on the cake.
This is a chance to hop on something that’s going to be BIG before any of the rest of us know quite what it is. Sharpen your business savvy, gain insider information on innovation, and get in on the ground floor.
As a Product Designer, you will work closely with the Marketplace Product Managers to lead the design process from concept through implementation. We’re looking for someone who can build and leverage strong relationships. You will work closely with other Product Designers, Product Managers, Product Owners, and Engineers to refine our clients’ experience. In this role, you will get the chance to use your full range of skills, from user research to interaction and visual design, while continuing to improve efficiencies by creating a smooth interaction between the various experiences. You will need to consider the UX along with the UI, the motions, the visuals, and the branding all at once. You will consider how this will benefit the user, the business, and the design.
What will you do?
- Create design concepts and drawings to determine the best product with the use of wireframes
- Present product ideas to relevant team members for brainstorming
- Suggest improvements to design and performance to product managers and engineers
- Employ design concepts into functional prototypes
- Perform research on product technologies and structures to implement into design concepts
- Maintain up to date on current industry trends and market conditions
- Coordinate with designers to ensure accurate communication and efficiency in the design phase
- Modify and revise existing designs to meet customer expectations
What are you like?
The ideal candidate has experience designing quality user experiences from the ground up, preferably at an e-commerce, marketplace company. This position requires someone with a solid technical background and able to partner cross-functionally. As a startup in hyper-growth, experience operating and thriving in small, fast-paced environments will set you up for success, allowing you to be comfortable in our hands-on environment where change is the only constant.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in technical product design and/or UX/UI design
- You have experience working on a B2B product or utility/productivity tool
- You have a solid understanding of user research methodologies (bonus points if both quantitative and qualitative) and experience facilitating user testing sessions
- You have experience building clickthrough, interactive, or motion prototypes with Principle, Figma, Sketch or similar design tools (Figma Preferred)
- Utilize guidelines to support consistency across multiple applications, driving accessibility and compliance within those applications
- You have worked with multidisciplinary teams, and have a willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent communication skills regardless of the audience — software engineers, product managers, business stakeholders, users, etc.
- Good understanding of color science and combinations
- Meticulous and excellent attention to detail
- Previous experience with graphic design is preferred