Purpose of this position:
The purpose of the Quality Services Leader is to oversee the provision of quality of care for all of our residents by working collaboratively with leaders, nurse aides, residents and their family members and others to ensure the highest quality of care for each individual resident and the entire household.
The Quality Services Leader will actively participate in assessing resident care needs and implementing appropriate action and follow established policies and procedures while meeting state and federal regulations.
· Respect: Honor the dignity of the individual we serve
· Integrity: Do the right thing for the right reason
· Service: Exceed customer expectations
· Excellence: Strive for excellence in all we do
· Stewardship: Act wisely so we can continue serving tomorrow
· Critical Thinking Skills: Sound reasoning that is accurate, logical, evidence based, using nursing knowledge and best practices to apply nursing process to the situation or concern.
· Flexibility: Responds quickly to changes in the person or environment and readily considers new approaches
· Initiative: Anticipates needs and opportunities then acts to minimize or eliminate problems
· Person-Centered Care: Preserving dignity and self-direction while caring for your residents reflecting identified unique preferences, values, and needs
· Conflict Management: Listening to all interests, objectively presenting a perspective that will focus on what is best for the residents and the household
· Safety: Be aware of safety issues and hazards affecting your residents, your team members, and yourself by taking appropriate action to maintain a safety-conscious culture.
· Household and Community Building: Actively contributing to the growth, development and direction of a healthy household climate
· Performance Coaching: Collaboratively develops high levels of quality and productivity through planned actions to enhance team members’ competence and confidence.
· Concern for quality: Monitors work, systems, and processes and takes action to ensure that all team members meet or exceed standards of care
· Problem solving: Using a team approach and Learning Circles accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at excellent solutions. Learns from past experiences and applies that knowledge to prevent future problems.
· Motivating others: Inspires people to feel enthusiastic, interested, and committed to providing outstanding care to our residents
· Registered Nurse (RN) required. Must maintain active license in VA
· 3-5 years management experience in a long term care setting.
· Must have skills in leadership, management and communication, as well as excellent clinical nursing skills.
· Must be able to read and write the English language in an understandable manner.
· BSN preferred
· Infection Preventionist Certification or within 90 days of hire.
· Extensive knowledge of state and federal regulations and state survey process.
Delegation of authority:
Authority is delegated to the individual in this position to:
· Serves as an administrative/clinical leader and resource for the facility in the absence of the Clinical Services Leader.
· Provide direct supervision to licensed nursing staff, including Clinical Coordinators, and oversight to all staff in household.
· Take appropriate action to ensure adequate staffing to provide resident care.
· Implement facility procedures to provide quality resident care
The position reports to: Clinical Services Leader /DON