As a Real Estate Operations Manager, you will be responsible for leading the Real Estate Lending Operations in all aspects of fulfillment from processing, underwriting, closing, funding and secondary operations. Integral factors of success for this position will be managing and maintaining a harmonious team environment, proactive pipeline management, adhering to state and federal regulatory requirements and credit union core values and policies.
- Includes the following non-inclusive list. Other duties may be assigned. All duties are to be performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Oversees all Real Estate lending operations functions; processing, underwriting, closing, funding, delivery and shipping.
- Serves as the department manager and performs all duties and tasks associated within the department.
- Ensure all operations staff are properly trained in all applicable areas of processing, underwriting, closing, funding and shipping.
- Coordinate operational and employee development.
- Supervises directly and indirectly all employees that engage in the implementing of Real Estate Lending Operations functions.
- Develops, coaches and mentors operational team members, measuring performance, addressing issues in the appropriate timeframe and manner, conducting ongoing training.
- Monitor and actively manage pipeline through daily, weekly, and monthly reports to assure Credit Union and Credit Union members’ objectives are met.
- Tracks, monitors and reports on key performance indicators and addresses any shortfalls to assure the team is meeting departmental goals.
- Be the primary contact for sales staff for escalation of operational issues and concerns.
- Receives, responds to and resolves member service requests according to policies in a prompt, efficient, and courteous manner at all times.
- Participates in the annual review process, including writing, delivering and discussing reviews with team members.
- Executes all new strategies and processes quickly and accurately.
- Monitors, evaluates, and recommends changes to operational procedures to ensure maximum levels of accuracy, productivity, efficiency, cost effectiveness.
- Leads team meetings as necessary.
EDUCATION AND /OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 10 years working experience in real estate lending.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan products, terminology, compliance and regulations and exposure to loan processing, underwriting, closing and funding of mortgage loans.
Directly supervises employees in the Real Estate Loan department (14-16 individuals in the underwriting, funding and processing departments). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
VA SAR desired, but not required. If acting as a Mortgage Loan Originator, (MLO), will be required to be registered in the National Mortgage Licensing Registry. (NMLR) Responsible for initial registration in NMLS database and for maintaining personal information. Data must be accurate and up-to-date. Must abide by all requirements of the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing (SAFE) Act as outlined in the procedure manual.
- Competitive pay, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts.
- 9-27 days of PTO per year (based on tenure) and 10 paid holidays
- Affordable medical, dental, vision health plans, and Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
- Career development, training, and coaching, mentoring; tuition reimbursement up to $4,000/year
- Culture of excellence and continuous improvement