- Our client is one of the top mortgage lenders in the United States and is looking to grow its team of Underwriters as the mortgage refinance boom continues.
- The Underwriter is responsible for underwriting Conventional, FHA, VA, USDA and/or Jumbo residential mortgage loans in compliance with appropriate company policies, secondary market investor standards and government regulations.
- This remote position offers a base salary (paid hourly), plus a monthly point-based incentive program, on average 5-10% of monthly salary.
- Examines loan documentation for accuracy and completeness, while working with Mortgage Consultant and/or production staff to secure all required documents.
- Reviews and verifies income, employment and credit history of applicant, requesting additional information as needed.
- Scrutinizes accounts from which applicants funds originate.
- Reviews property appraisal to see if property valued correctly to warrant the loan amount requested.
- Underwrites and applies needed conditions to mortgage applications to assure borrower meets program/products specifications.
- Communicates status and decisions (approval, suspense, denial) to the appropriate individuals in accordance with company SLAs.
- Complete a minimum of 2 points per day.
- Ensure that all loan decisions are provided within regulatory requirements (including approvals, suspensions, declinations and needs letters).
- Degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience underwriting residential mortgage loans.
- Must be DE Certified (Direct Endorsement)
- Experience with Encompass a plus.
- FHA Direct Endorsement and VA SAR certifications preferred.
- Must be able to pass credit check