Title: RN ER – Fort Worth, TX
Schedule: (3) Fulltime – Mixed Shifts 11:00am – 11:00pm – 3:00pm – 3:00am (rotating weekends) / 3X12hrs shifts
(3) Fulltime – Nights 7:00pm – 7:00am (rotating weekends) / 3X12hrs shifts
The Emergency Department RN (ER RN) is responsible for decisions and actions within the domain of nursing practice. Important aspects of this responsibility are the promotion of a safe and therapeutic environment for both the recipients and providers of nursing care; acquisition of specialized knowledge skills and additional formal education to provide specialized care; demonstration and validation of competence in nursing practice; clinical practice consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of this facility; and supervision of other staff as designated within the department.
• Accurately identify situations which require emergent or urgent responses and communicate those to the appropriate level of leadership in the organization utilizing the appropriate chain of command in the approach to problem solving.
• Prioritize patient care as they present to the department. Re-assessment of patient conditions and symptoms based on initial acuity determination prior to and after medical screening exam as required.
• Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
• Provides and documents quality patient care consistently according to hospital standards and policy/procedures.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Current ACLS/ BLS from American Heart Association or American Red Cross