As an Associate Director in Cybersecurity Engineering, you will be the product owner of the Endpoint Security squad, driving the Agile squad to engineer, innovate, and implement best-in-class security solutions on corporate assets (workstations, VDI), servers, and cloud assets. The purpose will be to obsess and bring the best of security solutions to protect assets and systems.
This role is a people leader role and the security engineers aligned will be reporting into this position. As a people leader (functional manager), a strong candidate will have solid experience guiding & coaching staff, identifying development areas, and stretching the team to meet their maximum capabilities. Team members may be within the US or globally.
The main focus areas for the Endpoint Security squad is the following:
- Identify and analyze all security solutions currently deployed on endpoint systems (workstations and servers)
- Implement security solutions that allows for reduction of agents where possible on endpoint systems
- Identify & implement automation capabilities to reduce the human touchpoint when operational issues occur
- Build documentation and playbooks for strong processes to support the security posture on systems
- Partner with other stakeholders to ensure that solutions are improved upon post implementation
- Identify out of the box solutions for managing security on endpoints
- Set the day-to-day direction & decision making for the squad’s sprint activities
- Be a coach and guide to your staff and identify career development opportunities
- Think about the bigger picture and take on initiatives that will improve the overall Cybersecurity Services organization
- Partner with Security Architecture team to identify improvements on existing solutions & designs on new security solutions.
- Influence the direction of the Endpoint Security roadmap by proactively looking forward on security gaps that require planning
- Proactively identify new feature functionality to be implemented to improve security on endpoints such as workstations and servers; Proactively identify security control gaps in Production and propose solutions for implementation.
- Build strong engagement models with partners in Security Architecture & Operations and across IT stakeholders
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong Information Security experience in Network and Endpoint Security (i.e. DLP, Endpoint Detection and Response, File Integrity, and SIEM).
- Strong people leadership skills with experience leading Agile security engineering team
- Strong, demonstrable experience in Cybersecurity engineering, design, implementation and documentation
- Knowledge of industry-standard Information Security frameworks, policies and procedures
- Good understanding of network and infrastructure (Networking protocol knowledge is an advantage- TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, firewalls, proxies, IDS, IPS etc.)
- Security certifications (CEH, CCSP, CISSP, OSCP) are a plus