Bachelor’s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required within a reasonable period of time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Bluefin Robotics is seeking a Senior Advanced Systems Engineer to support the development and manufacture, and sustainment on a current Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (UUV) program. Candidates should have subsea domain technical expertise and proven experience contributing to systems engineering teams. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense systems. employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
- Performs systems integration and test (verification), validation of subsystems and systems
- Performs requirements analysis, develops system requirements and defines allocations to lower levels (elements and components)
- Performs detailed technical analyses for a subsystem or systems
- Researches and analyzes data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- May provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees
- Independently determines proposed approach to solutions
- Contributes to the completion of major programs and projects
- Works under limited direction
- Maintains clear, honest and open communications with both internal and external stakeholders/customers
- Provides resolution to a diverse range of complex problems
- Independently determines approach to solutions
- Working with mechanical, electrical, software, marine operations, and manufacturing engineers to develop and produce systems
- Hands on systems integration, test, and troubleshooting (simulated, benchtop, and at-sea)
- Travel may be required
- Some Off-shore testing is required
Experience and Qualifications:
- Technical expertise and recognized technical leader (subject matter expert) in one or more of the following technical areas: naval architecture, SONAR systems, analog and digital electrical hardware design and development, control systems & autonomy, signal and image processing, artificial intelligence and machine learning, SysML, Model Based Systems Engineering
- Highly proficient ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and effectively handle complex assignments
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Highly proficient ability in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Knowledge/Experience in Unmanned Underwater Vehicle domain
- Undersea system integration and test
- Undersea hardware requirements
- Requirements analysis and verification
- Working knowledge systems design and analysis tools
Position and Location:
This is a full-time position located in Quincy, Massachusetts.