As a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer on the Endpoint Security squad, you will be working on an Agile team focused on Endpoint Security technologies and processes. We are looking for someone who is passionate about security and has the experience with the best security solutions that will protect and reduce the risk of our endpoints (workstations, servers, etc.), where possible. This role will suit someone who has solid attention to detail, as well as the motivation to collaborate and share their technical knowledge on automation and security standard methodologies. As a senior member of the Endpoint Security squad, this position will also contribute to development and execution of the overall strategy and roadmap for endpoint security. This position will be responsible for deploying new solutions (i.e. endpoint detection and response capabilities) as well improve upon existing solutions to deliver the best level of protection.
The main focus areas for the Endpoint Security Agile squad are the following:
- Identify and analyze all security solutions currently deployed on endpoint systems (workstations and servers)
- Implement security solutions that allow for reduction of agents where possible on endpoint systems
- Identify & implement automation capabilities to reduce the human touchpoint when operational issues occur
- Build documentation and playbooks for strong processes to support the security posture on systems
- Partner with other stakeholders to ensure that solutions are improved upon post implementation
- Identify out of the box solutions for managing security on endpoints
- Identify process improvements for automation of security hardening checks on workstations, servers, and databases.
- Work closely with Security Architecture team to identify improvements on existing solutions & designs on new security solutions.
- Proactively identify new feature functionality to be implemented to improve security on endpoints such as workstations and servers.
- Find security control gaps in Production and propose solutions for implementation.
- Train Security Operations team members on playbooks for Production implementation & maintenance.
- Determine automation opportunities and act as the domain specialist to guide and shape how automation is enabled
- Consistently abide by change control requirements for our services
- Mitigate risk by following established procedures and monitoring controls, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
- Minimum of 6 years of strong Information Security experience in Network and Endpoint Security (i.e. DLP, Endpoint Detection and Response, File Integrity, and SIEM).
- In depth knowledge of Operating Systems (Linux/Windows), technology/web platforms (Server, Network, Application, Databases, Cloud)
- Strong scripting and programming knowledge with good understanding of language fundamentals (Python, PowerShell, Chef, Perl, Ruby etc.)
- Strong, demonstrable experience in Cybersecurity engineering, design, implementation and documentation
- Knowledge of industry-standard Information Security frameworks, policies and procedures
- Good understanding of network and infrastructure (Networking protocol knowledge is an advantage- TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, firewalls, proxies, IDS, IPS etc.)
- Experience working in Agile squads is a plus
- Security certifications (CEH, CCSP, CISSP, OSCP) and ITIL V3 certification are a plus
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deliver on timely manner
- Bachelor’s degree required.