The Senior Director, Business Operations is accountable for ROIC(Return on Invested Capital) and compliant to agreements, rules and guidelines with shareholders (SDMC, SDMA). The geographical scope of the position is primarily the North America and secondary scope is transferring best business practice including EU and APAC. The candidate will direct the development, implementation, and achievement of both short and long term objectives, as they relate to external collaboration efforts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead improvement of operating profit by development of pricing strategy, optimization of revenue composition.
- Lead improvement of asset efficiency by optimization of CAPEX plan and execution.
- Develop countermeasures to address gaps between budget and actual in collaboration with finance.
- Develop and implement regional Mid-term strategy and business plan by following the strategy.
- Manage business portfolio in consideration of ROIC and strategy.
- Develop alliance strategy and manage alliance contract with partners.
- Keep internal control effective by optimization of workflow and visualization of rules and guidelines.
- Keep internal control compliant to agreements, rules and guidelines with shareholders(SDMC, SDMA).
- Development of business strategy in consideration of business growth and economic rationality.
- Knowledge and experience of CDMO service in pharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of accounting and finance to address economic rationality of strategy
- Strong leadership to solve issues with internal/external stakeholders
- Development and management of sustainable workstream and rules
- Forward thinking
- Flexible and able to adapt to company growth and evolving responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Strong communication and client management skills
- Strong business judgment and acumen
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking & Influencing
Direct reports: Sales, Marketing, and Finance Departments
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or MBA will be a plus.
- Experience with corporate planning and/or business management.
- Experience with target costing and management of profitability of services or products.
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills and the ability to lead the development of a comprehensive business strategy.
- A minimum of five years of relevant industry experience in pharmaceutical/medical product. Possesses solid understanding of CDMO business in pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading multiple complex cross functional projects; demonstrated leadership across all functions and throughout all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite: MS PowerPoint, MS Word, and MS Excel.
- Business acumen and ability to breakdown complex business problems into manageable actions. Ability to critically evaluate results, make recommendations and reports on projects and business strategy.
- This role operates within a professional office environment of a manufacturing operations plant. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Seating is mixed and includes open space seating, cubicle, and office space. Noise level is moderate.
- Must have the ability to work in a team-oriented environment and with clients
- Environment may require gowning, hair net, safety glasses, gloves, and foot coverings.
- Travel, including International travel is expected
- Occasionally early meetings with Europe and late meetings with Japan
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time however walking and standing are required on occasion.
- Consistently operates a computer and other office tools, such as a computer, calculator, copy machine, and objects such as writing instruments.
- Frequently communicates with staff involved with client projects; must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Must be physically capable to stand; walk; sit; bend; stretch; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear