Primary Roles and Responsibilities Include:
· Establish sales objectives by developing annual sales strategy across the digital team; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
· Drive increases in customer base and revenue through the acquisition of new accounts, and ongoing development and oversight of existing accounts.
· Attract, develop and maintain top digital sales talent through building a community of respect and collaboration.
· Foster a culture of success through the development and implementation of sales process, metrics, mentorship and ongoing retention of top contributors.
· Monitor current industry and ecommerce trends, and utilize this knowledge to generate new sales leads, and innovative content focused on engaging various audiences.
· Serve as the sales and account management leader for several large e-commerce relationships.
· Proven ability to manage the execution and achieve measurable results across a large number of projects within budget and on tight timelines.
· Establish productive, professional relationships with internal and external partners.
· Lead solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
· Requires strong strategic and analytical capabilities as well as exceptional written and oral communication skills.
The Director, Digital Sales will report into the Chief Revenue Officer, but will also have direct exposure to the entire sales staff, and would be expected to meet and present in front of s Board of Directors. In addition, the Director of Digital Sales will lead a team of four, and work closely with other executives within Technology, Finance and Accounting, Operations, Marketing and Product Development.
· Professional Experience: The selected candidate will have 5-10 years of experience in digital/ecommerce account management, and a minimum of 3+ years of leadership experience. A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or a comparable field is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
· Revenue Generation: Must have a proven track record of driving sales in high growth environments. He or she will have 5+ years of experience identifying target market segments, developing a robust pipeline of new business, and building and maintaining customer relationships.
· Technical and Project Management Expertise: The ideal candidate will have demonstrated knowledge of e-commerce technology and sophisticated analytics. Must be experienced in developing and overseeing the effective planning, quality assurance and execution of content on customer websites. Additionally, they will be detail-oriented with a proven track record of managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
· Leadership and Team Development: Must be able to demonstrate influential leadership experience, have prior management experience and be able to demonstrate the ability to attract, develop and maintain top sales talent through building a community of respect and collaboration. They must also have proven experience working cross-functionally to drive change and business results.
· Cultural Fit: The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is extremely organized and detail oriented. This role will require the ability to multi-task, manage projects, prioritize a variety of tasks and meet deadlines. Additionally, they will exhibit a high drive for results, resilience and adaptability and a high integrity.
The candidate selected for this position will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. This person will also need to be a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment. He or she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel. This professional must demonstrate strong leadership skills, best demonstrated by the individual’s ability to gain credibility with team members and senior management.
The successful candidate will:
· Be a courageous leader with strong learning agility who demonstrates resilience and adaptability.
· Be highly organized with expertise in planning and managing execution.
· Be highly motivated, willing to take appropriate risk and innovative in nature.
· Be experienced in team leadership, reflect interpersonal effectiveness and demonstrate the ability to create alignment and build collaboration at all levels of the organization.
· Understand how to deliver on short time frames and be committed to meeting deadlines “no matter what”.
· Communicate in an open and honest way that quickly builds trust and respect
· Possess strong business acumen, strategic thinking capabilities, and have high integrity.
· Be comfortable on his/her feet making presentations.