Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance with a Full Scope Polygraph (Supporting the MD customer) is required at the time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
You will have the opportunity to develop low-level software, identify vulnerabilities and adapt features into a larger embedded platform using cutting-edge technologies. Get the opportunity to understand, manage and own new development features from the research design phase to test and integration for a real-time operating system.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar space and everything in between.
Contributing to the design, development and implementation of countermeasures, system integration, and tools specific to Cyber and Information Operations, the Senior Embedded Developer will analyze, decompose, disassemble code, perform static code analysis, kernel-level debugging, and debug and modify software. You’ll be involved in Protocol Analysis, Vulnerability Assessment, Security Research, Rapid Prototyping of proof of concept capabilities. It’s your chance to step up to the challenge and prove you’re ready to lead the world.
The Senior Embedded Developer shall have a minimum of a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Mathematics and a minimum of twelve (12) years of software/system development work experience (Four (4) years of equivalent related military experience may be substituted for Bachelor degree); or a Master’s of Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or Computer Engineering with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience; and have technical expertise in three (3) or more of the following areas:
- Systems Requirements Analysis
- Software System Design
- Software System Development
- Software System Integration
- Software System Testing
The Senior Embedded Developer shall have at least ten (10) years of work experience in four (4) or more of the following:
- Developing embedded software systems in assembly, C and/or C++
- Protocol analysis such as TCP/IP, SDH/SONET, ATM, MPLS/GMPLS, Ethernet, Carrier Grade Ethernet
- Developing embedded software systems in one or more of the following operating system environments: Unix, Linux, VxWorks
- Experience with operating system internals with one or more of the following operating systems: Unix, Linux, VxWorks
- Experience with reverse engineering and analysis of software
- Experience with Ida Pro or Ghidra
- Low-level programming of device drivers in a Unix, Linux or Windows environment
- Working knowledge of common protocols/standards such as TCP/IP, SDH/SONET, ATM, MPLS/GMPLS, Ethernet, Carrier Grade Ethernet
- Bit-level data analysis
- Hands-on experience with integrating hardware and software systems
- Experience with Python or similar scripting languages
- Proof of concept tools
- Systems engineering of large scaled embedded systems.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge – as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Substantial knowledge of operating system fundamentals (interrupts, threading, virtual memory, device drivers) and internals (memory layouts and management, binary file formats)
- Substantial knowledge and exposure to computer processor architectures and instructions sets
- Direct experience in Reverse Engineering tools, both COTS and GOTS
- Substantial experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Bash and in low-level programming of device drivers in a Unix, Linux, or Windows environment
What sets you apart:
- Recognized internally and/or externally as a subject matter expert (SME)
- Contributes to shaping major market opportunities
- Strong leadership and mentorship skills