This role is primarily to maintain and add new features to an existing enterprise mobile app. In addition, we typically build 3-4 new mobile apps per year for our customers. This role will interface with clients to help ideate their mobile applications, and work with the sales team to define requirements and produce estimates for prospective clients.
They will also help us implement best practices regarding SLDC and CI for mobile apps.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of either Ionic Capacitor or Apache Cordova, the plugin system and Angular, and has managed the development of a mobile application from start to App Store release.
8+ years experience developing software
- 5+ years experience of general mobile application development
- 3+ years experience with Apache Cordova or Ionic
- 3+ years experience with Angular (not AngularJS, but if you started with one and moved to the other than then let’s talk)
Familiarity with the mobile development lifecycle, pros and cons of hybrid app development
Understanding of Apple and Android certificate and profile management
A basic understanding of the Box Model and how layouts are managed on the page
- Decent understanding of SQL
- Experience building REST APIs
- Write a database migration
- Develope a service layer to retrieve data and apply business logic
- Delivered that to a mobile app
- Experience with Ionic Capacitor
- Built or maintained a custom Cordova or Capacitor plugin OR forked an old plugin (to fix bugs, update to a new OS version, etc)
- Experience with front-end and/or mobile-specific testing frameworks
- Demonstrable knowledge of Java and Android architecture
- Demonstrable knowledge of Swift and iOS architecture
- Experience with CI tools for mobile development