We are seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to be a leader of our efforts to build a world-class quality program and support our efforts throughout the company. In this role, you will work inter-departmentally on quality issues, present root cause analyses & help others to understand our approach to quality. This is a visible role that will involve senior management & customer interactions on a daily basis.
- Lead QMS & Compliance for the entire company
- Create & maintain documentation to meet all regulatory, compliance and company requirements.
- Lead the internal audit & implementation to QMS standards for ISO9001, AS9100D, ISO13485.
- Complete First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR) using internal, external or 3rd party forms (e.g. AS9102).
- Improve reliability of product development process.
- Monitor and perform trend analysis from quality process data.
- Drive closure of supplier quality issues, including PCBs and services.
- Oversee the Corrective Action / Preventative Action (CAPA) process.
- Review customer data for quality clauses and conformity, and respond to customer quality feedback.
- Recommend appropriate hardware/software technology for optimizing the quality and efficiency.
- Establish a collaborative working relationship with all departments.
- Typically work full time during regular scheduled hours, with an understanding that reasonable availability after-hours and on-call hours may be necessary.
- Maintain company quality and ethical standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience and certifications.
- 5+ years professional engineering experience, with at least 3 years in PCBA industry
- Extensive knowledge of IPC-610, IPC-600, IPC-7711/21, ANSI/ESD 20.20, J-STD-001 and J-STD-033 requirements.
- Outstanding communication, presentation, spreadsheet and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical background using SPC and 6-sigma, gauge R&R.
- Firm understanding of all PCBA quality validation processes: Incoming, Material, SPI, QC, AOI, FAI, OBA & FQA
- Proficiency with precision measuring tools – e.g. caliper, go/nogo gauge, etc.
- Familiar with CAD software, schematics and basic office applications.
- Basic electronics: capacitor, resistor, diode, IC, test (continuity, resistance, capacitance, inductance)
- Experience conducting QMS audits including Supplier Quality, Quality Engineering, Continuous Improvement, Configuration Management, etc.
- Experience with PFMEA, MRB, CAPA, Installation (IQ) / Operational (OQ) / Performance (PQ) Qualification, and continuous improvement processes.
- Proficiency in setting up and validating DOE’s, analyzing the results, and drawing conclusions from the data.
- Zero Defect mindset and process development experience.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
Nice To Have
- Lead auditor certification for ISO-13485, AS9100 and/or TS16949
- Project management experience with leadership responsibilities
- Knowledge of DFM for PCB fabrication and DFA for assembly
- Familiar with CAD software: Altium, Cadence, Eagle, ODB++ and Valor
- Familiar with OSHA requirements.
- ASQ certification as CQE or equivalent
- Proven ability to develop a quality team
- Flexible Vacation – We understand the importance of disconnecting and trust you to manage your time and get your work done. We offer salaried employees an open vacation policy.
- Generous Benefits – We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of employee’s premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options – We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- Snacks & Weekly Lunches – We offer a stacked snack pantry and free company-wide lunch on Friday’s.
- San Francisco Office Location – We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits – However you get to work, we want to help! We offer all salaried and hourly employees commuter benefits to assist with their journey to and from work.
- Parental Leave – We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Transparent and Social Culture – We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have company-wide weekly meetings to review milestones and metrics, and to discuss the broader vision.