Bachelor’s of Science or Technology degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum 10 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience to meet managerial expectations.
Department of Defense Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is preferred at time of hire. Candidates must be able to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance within a reasonable amount of time from date of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Put your engineering talent to the ultimate test. At General Dynamics Mission Systems, we create the technologies, products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. The work we do is so advanced, our teams often redefine what’s possible for the world. If you want to be a leader with the company that delivers smart solutions for our nation’s challenges, this is your opportunity.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
As a Senior Engineering Technical Manager, you’ll oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serve as a liaison between project management and planning, the project team, and line management. This involves reviewing project status and budgets as well as managing schedules and preparing status reports. From day one, we will count on you to lead a team that helps GDMS lead the world.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge – as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor’s of Science or Technology degree in engineering or a related technical field and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Outstanding leadership skills to lead large, complex projects
- Ability to provide strong technical direction in linking project(s) IP strategy to business roadmaps
- Ability to apply or develop highly advanced technologies, principles, theories and concepts, beyond the requirements of this position
- Strong advocate and facilitator of continuous process improvement and infrastructure change
What sets you apart:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Skilled at effectively handling and executing highly complex tasks
- Capable of recognizing and avoiding erroneous decisions or recommendations that may result in long-term effects and may reflect poorly on the company’s reputation
- Recognized as an expert in your field
What knowledge you bring to Manage and Guide the Organization:
- RF hardware design for frequencies up to 40GHz required, preferred experience up to 90GHz
- Understanding of mixers, amplifiers, tuners, filters, Microwave/Millimeter-Wave Monolithic circuits, Multi-Chip Modules, and high frequency packaging
- Direct digital conversion using very high rate ADCs and DACs
- Cascade analysis of RF/Microwave modules and systems to predict gain, IP2/IP3, noise, and power
- Frequency converter spurious analysis for multiple conversion systems
- Phase noise analysis
- Worst case analysis, space-flight qualification, and design constraints
- Proposal and cost estimation process for RF and Hardware design
- Successful leadership of teams through new design