Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a developer in test responsible for design, development and maintenance of automated test, and various software test engineering activities. Experienced in Agile/Waterfall, onsite/offshore work model and coordination. Proficient in Java and Selenium he/she should be able to write Test Cases and automated test that validate the application functionality. Should be able to interact with application development teams, business analysts/SME, business users and project managers to understand requirements and communicate status.
Knowledge and Technical Skills Required:
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in software testing (with 3+ years of hands on expertise in application development using Java and/or automated testing using selenium, and 1-2 years of experience in managing testing).
- Experience in financial services industry related to investment banking, wealth management, corporate actions and securities processing
- Experience in enhancing Selenium automation framework.
- Hands on experience in Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket.
- Experience in test automation for Agile Continuous Integration/Development
- Experience with at least one RDBMS and SQL queries
- API, REST/SOAP Experience.
- Experience in creation of test strategy and automation design document.
- Basic knowledge in mainframe related testing.
- Experience with HP QC or ALM and JIRA
Education, Training &/or Certification:
• Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• Develop, maintain and execute automated test scripts using Selenium.
• Enhance existing automation framework developed in Selenium.
• Integrate Selenium scripts with Jenkins CloudBees.
• Maintain traceability of functional requirements/Test Cases to automation test scripts.
• Develop automation test strategy and approach.
• Manage automation activities and provide status to stakeholders on accessing overall progress and completion.
• Maintain well organized records of test results and generate historical analysis of test results.
• Support overall test engineering activities such as development of Test Approach, Test Cases, and manual test execution as needed.
• Works closely with application development and other technical teams to,
• Understand how changes in the software product affect maintenance of test scripts.
• Works with technical resources to discuss and troubleshoot issues.
• Works with business resources to understand purpose and concept for software features.
• Provides test engineering guidance and direction to employees and consultants and, as needed, provides complex automation testing services to multiple projects.
• Mentors and directs activities of analyst and test Engineers.
• Coordinates multiple projects and guides project team members with internal and external interfaces, particularly for more complex testing situations.
• Ensures on-time delivery of work including monitoring of external and internal dependencies, tracking of progress, and monitoring of project milestones accomplishments by:
• Provide inputs in developing estimates to support new and existing projects;
• Create status reports;
• Tracking and reporting actual versus planned completion; and,
• Ensuring all activity is accurately recorded and reported.
• Assists Test Manager in developing estimates to support new and existing projects.
• Assists Test Manager in reviewing Portfolio Management and Resource Management forecast reports, to optimize team’s supply/demand planning, maximizing resource utilization.
• Ensures all development lifecycle test engineering work of other team members, including the review of high-level designs, detail designs, and test plans and results, is completed according to standards.
• Provides support and on-the-job training to more junior or less experienced team members.