Bachelor’s degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree.
Department of Defense SECRET security clearance is obtainable within a reasonable time. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
An immediate opening for a Senior Software Engineer. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. Employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
Senior Software Engineers conduct or participate in the design development, and integration development of systems software, software applications and/or tools for new programs and subprograms.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Participate in full software life-cycle development using object oriented methodologies and Real Time Operating Systems
- Assist with design activities and documentation
- Implement software in C/C++
- Integrate and test software and systems
- Investigate and solve problem reports
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Candidates must show a passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding of software systems and applications, and the ability to effectively manage, grow and evolve software solutions.
Candidates must have:
- Real-time Embedded Software development experience
- Significant experience with C/C++
- Experience with commercial RTOS systems (Wind River VxWorks 653 or equivalent)
- MS Office tools
- Ability to Travel up to 25%
- Ability to effectively communicate with development team and customers
- Secret clearance obtainable within 5 months
- Skills to create and maintain good customer relationships
- Experience with Avionics interfaces (RS-232/RS-422, MIL-STD-1553, Ethernet)
- Experience with U-Boot or similar boot-loader
- Time and space partitioned operating systems
- Operational Flight Program (OFP) experience
- Active Secret or TS/SCI Clearance
- Graphics Software
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent