- Perform routine, preventative maintenance and repairs on oil-injected and oil-free air compressors. Preventative maintenance should be conducted in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations (with regards to schedule and scope).
- Troubleshoot and perform diagnostics on malfunctioning compressors, determine possible causes for malfunctions, and perform repairs as suggested by diagnostics and assessment.
- Prior to and following preventative maintenance and repairs, test and document the proper operating parameters of the compressor.
- Provide basic tools to accomplish job along with normal maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Display the ability to absorb a higher level of learning including VSD’s, refrigeration, industrial networks, remote monitoring, and air audits.
- Provide a high level of customer service, responding to customer needs and working to satisfy customer expectations.
- Develop rapport with customers through effective communication, interpersonal skills, and professionalism. Serve as an ambassador for the company.
- Display the ability to manage time accordingly. Must have the ability to work and solve problems independently. Promote and practice proper safety procedures and the correct use of personal protective equipment at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 4-5 years of technical experience maintaining and repairing various types of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Strong compressor experience and electrical/mechanical skills required, with demonstrated expertise in the maintenance, overhaul, and repair of a wide variety of industrial equipment, including electrical, hydraulics and/or pneumatics.
- Experience in HVAC a plus.
- High School diploma or equivalent required with technical training in electrical, hydraulics, and/or pneumatics preferred. Must be knowledgeable of HVAC.
- Able to work independently with strong self-management and professionalism.
- Able to complete work within assigned deadlines.
- Computer proficiency as required for communication, research, work orders and programming various controllers.
- Excellent customer service and communications skills (oral and written).
- Extensive travel to customer locations between Cherry Hill and New Brunswick.
- Available for a rotating schedule of on-call work on evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be fluent in English and have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and work in industrial environments including extremes in temperature with continuous walking, reaching, bending, and kneeling.
This role will be a traveling service technician who will be going from factory to factory covering the King of Prussia area (mainly 90 min radius). The candidate will be provided a company vehicle and laptop but will be required to have their own basic tool kit. Service techs will be paid from the time they leave their home to the time they return. All time is tracked via GPS. 1-2 week training period in Rock Hill, SC and 3-6 month of ride along training with experienced technician. Hotel and meal expenses provided if required for overnight travel. Looking for people who want to stay and grow with the company.
There is a ton of opportunity for growth to higher level Service Technicians and even Management opportunities. excellent benefits including:
15 vacation days
5 floating holidays
6 sick occurrences (of 6 consecutive sick days)
Flexible Spending Account
Retirement savings with a company match
Potential sign on bonus/NO Relocation