Who YOU are:
You are known for your strong grasp of electronics packaging / Surface Mount Technology expertise and your ability to assess and provide process improvements with both problem solving and efficiency in mind. You enjoy working across the full R&D to manufacturing lifecycle from a process standpoint, taking on the tasks of planning, leading, and coordinating of all the processes from R&D to manufacturing. If you have the “roll up your sleeves” mentality, then we want to talk to you. Due to the focus on government/ITAR classified work, we do require you to have U.S. Citizenship or ITAR clearance.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As the Electronics Packaging Engineer or Technician, you will be responsible for the successful implementation of new SMT line processes as well as the continuous improvement of manufacturing efforts on the production floor. This role develops, evaluates, and improves fabrication processes for new printed electronic and semiconductor packaging applications/products that meet customer requirements, including product performance, quality standards, cost and delivery. Very hands on role, spending over 80% of the time on the line running samples/developing processes.
Research and Development and Customer Application / Qualification
- Create and execute new product development plans based on customer input and requirements
- Work with internal team and customers on new product goals, prototyping and qualifications
- Develop new processes & manufacturing techniques to support new SMT line and products
- Industrialize prototype process in preparation for scale, qualifications / manufacturing
- Identify innovative and improved methods for existing product lines
- Improve/qualify existing products, process techniques based on customer needs
- Program/project manage customer or grant projects providing progress on timing and budget
What You bring:
- B.S in Electrical Engineering or relevant working experience with emphasis on R&D, Design for Manufacturing and/or Custom Engineering associated with Electronics Packaging / Surface Mount Technology.
- 5+ years’ experience working in a R&D/manufacturing setting related to electronics, flexible circuits, and/or conductive adhesives. Small business experience is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience with SMT processes
- 2+ years’ experience with conductive adhesives (solder, ACA/ACF, epoxy) is preferred.
- 5+ year of process engineering and equipment troubleshooting experience with flex circuits, SMT
- Experience working within requirements of ISO 9001 /ISO 13485 and ITAR
- Tech savvy / Software skills: CAD (2D/3D), MS Office, Minitab/Analytical tools
- Strong writing skills: internal and external project documentation, grant writing, patent writing.
Equal Employment Opportunity – M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status