- Java & Apache Spark
- Hadoop, HBase, MapReduce, Hive etc.
- Working knowledge of elastic search & PERL scripting
Main Purpose of Role:
Software Developers are involved in all phases of a project including planning, development, testing and ongoing support.
Key desirable behaviours and experience:
Motivated independent self-starter; needs minimal supervision.
Displays knowledge and passion for technology.
Strives for a intelligent and feasible solution taking into account all aspects of the system
Rapidly picks up new scenarios during a testing/evaluation phase. Asks intelligent questions in response.
Understands business urgency and drives the team to hit delivery targets.
Duties and responsibilities:
Under minimum or no supervision, performs any of the following tasks:
Develops detailed program designs
Develops technical specifications
Establish programming time schedules
Develops system test plans and evaluates results
Prepares and evaluates program level and job level documentation
Performs and oversees implementation and turnover
Reports task status
Ensures adherence to all applicable standards
Under moderate supervision and coaching, begin to apply and learn how to:
Work with business users to identify, analyse, and define business problems and opportunities
Prepare time and resource
• BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
• Solid development experience in a commercial/enterprise level IT environment.
• Strong application focussed development skills with experience developing enterprise level applications from concept to delivery.
• Excellent conceptual and analytical skills.
• Effective communicator at all levels, excellent inter-personal skills, strong business focus.
• Highly self-motivated and confident to work on projects alone as well as in a team.
• An enthusiastic approach to extending knowledge and learning new skills.
• Strong commitment to quality of work and a good attention to detail.
• Comfortable working in Linux, UNIX, Windows environments
• Must be experienced with product/project life-cycle methodologies in a Unix/Linux server environment.
• Programming Languages and Skills – Java & Apache Spark
• Hands-on experience with Hadoop, HBase, MapReduce, Hive etc.
• Working knowledge of elastic search & PERL scripting is a plus
Experience: 4 – 6 yrs
Location : Bangalore (no relocation)