As a Solution Architect in our Corporate IT department, you will be responsible for applying Information Technology best practices, principles, theories, and concepts for building software products and Enterprise solutions. Ability to develop solutions from ground-up by leveraging suitable modern technologies, and/or current reusable artifacts. Develop and implement systems architecture that will meet business needs. The Solution Architect’s responsibilities include gathering requirements and functional specifications, assessing the current software systems in place in order to identify areas in need of improvement, and overseeing development teams. You should also be able to regularly update the company on any developments in architecture projects.
- Analyze current technologies used within the company and determine ways to improve
- Document and monitor requirements needed to institute proposed updates
- Work closely with Information Technology professionals within the company to ensure hardware is available for projects and working properly
- Propose and establish framework for necessary contributions from various departments
- Account for possible project challenges on constraints including, risks, time, resources and scope
- Work closely with project management teams to successfully monitor progress of initiatives
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions
- Review proposed designs and technical solutions for suitability
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
- Recommend technical improvements to systems within processing environments as business or processing requirements change.
- Participate in change release planning discussions, scrum meetings, and key system workgroup meetings.
- Minimum of five years of experience in at least two IT disciplines – technical architecture, application development, integration architecture
- Sounds knowledge of software engineering and design standards
- Industry experience in end-to-end solution design and development of Microservices, service-oriented architecture (SOA) and object-oriented programming (OOP) models
- At least one or two years of experience with Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Docker, and/or cloud deployment technologies required. Should have experience creating deployment artifacts using the same.
- At least one or two years of experience with architecting using public cloud services PaaS/SaaS/IaaS on AWS/Azure preferred
- Deep understanding of standards like OAuth 2.0, SAML 2.0, Multi-Factor Authentication, SSO and related application security standards.
- Sound knowledge of various security models and best practices including but not limited to Application security, Authentication, Authorization, SSO, database level security, encryption schemes & standards
- Experience with large-scale, highly available server architectures
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD and configuration management technologies such as Jenkins, Chef/Ansible, Azure DevOps, Azure CLI, Powershell
- Experience with third-party API management platforms like Apigee, Azure API Management Service
- In-depth technical knowledge of Unix/Linux based operating systems
- Experience with MS SQL server and PostGreSQL databases. Strong SQL knowledge required
- Working knowledge of Network firewalls, load balancers (Layer 4 and Layer 7), network protocols, and standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred