The Sr. Real Estate Loan Underwriter is responsible for underwriting conforming, non-conforming, conventional, and government-backed Real Estate mortgage loans as well as underwriting home equity lines of credit and home equity loans. Responsible to uphold and abide by core values and service expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following non-inclusive list. Other duties may be assigned. All duties are to be performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Reviews non-complex and complex purchase, refinance and home equity loan requests.
- Reviews complex borrower income situations for all types of loan requests.
- May act as team lead and provide assistance to less senior underwriters.
- Reviews and tracks the mortgage pipeline report to ensure timely processing of files.
- Assures timely review of property appraisals, credit reports, verification of employment or income, and other information pertinent to loan applicant’s evaluation.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan.
- Communicates with home loan consultants and loan processors to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Is knowledgeable reviewing and analyzing Federal business tax returns for the self-employed borrower.
- Approves loan within specified limits or refers to ALMI committee for approval.
- Advises manager of external factors that may affect established lending policies, such as new or revised legislation and regulations.
- Recommends and implements appropriate changes to establishment policies and procedures.
- Assist in the training and coaching of mortgage personnel as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience as a Real Estate mortgage loan underwriter.
If acting as a Mortgage Loan Originator, (MLO), will be required to be registered in the National Mortgage Licensing Registry. (NMLR) Responsible for initial registration in NMLS database and for maintaining personal information. Data must be accurate and up-to-date. Must abide by all requirements of the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing (SAFE) Act as outlined in the procedure manual.
Competitive pay, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts.
9-27 days of PTO per year (based on tenure) and 10 paid holidays
Affordable medical, dental, vision health plans, and Flexible Spending Account
Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
Career development, training, and coaching, mentoring; tuition reimbursement up to $4,000/year
Culture of excellence and continuous improvement
We strive to be the best place you’ve ever worked!