- Oversee, coordinate, and lead technical activities required to design, develop, and maintain military software systems capabilities.
- Conceptualize total hours required for development efforts ensuring development standards are being adhered.
- Conduct reviews on program portfolio to evaluate and/or recommend alternative plans, improve systems engineering programs/processes, manage/sustain program technical baseline, and design/perform system level tests to assure that subsystems and system performance is achieved in accordance with approved specifications.
- Prepare technical documents which define, specify, and recommend system/subsystem characteristics. Prepare management reports and conduct technical presentations for planning, implementation, and corrective action using application of engineering economy principles.
- Perform validation of systems, including development of criteria and procedures. Analyze and/or evaluate results of major engineering systems.
- Provide system/program engineering, technical support and technical training to support programs/initiatives, including but not limited to: acquisition, development, integration, sustainment, continued evolution, deployment/fielding and installation, and operations oversight.
- Provide engineering support services and inputs to program and project risk management activities in compliance with Air Force SEAM processes.
- Capable of performing: problem/gap definition, trade space analysis, science and technology roadmap analysis, “Set based design” for concept development, Multi-Objective Decision Analysis (MODA) and cost versus capability trade off analysis.
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related engineering field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an engineering role supporting an USAF Acquisition program
- Minimum 3 years working in a System Engineer capacity
- Ability to capture and synergize different pieces of software/hardware components; optimize solutions methods to improve current and future projects
- Ability to develop a highly productive working relationship with customers and teams across multiple programs
- Excellent communications skills; verbal and written
- Active Secret Clearance is preferred:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, System Engineering or related engineering field, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of interdisciplinary engineering experience
- 3+ years working in an agile environment
- Experience working with Magicdraw, Sparks, Cooperative Composition Modeling Language (CCML), and/or Unified Modeling Language (UML).