The Mortgage Loan Processing Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all real estate loan processing requests from application to funding. In addition, this position is responsible for the training, monitoring and mentoring all real estate loan processors. Integral factors of success for this position will be managing and maintaining a harmonious team environment, proactive pipeline management, adhering to state and federal regulatory requirements and credit union core values and policies. Mortgage
- Includes the following non-inclusive list. Other duties may be assigned. All duties are to be performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Managing own pipeline of loans in an efficient and compliant manner.
- Manage a team of Loan Processors.
- Monitor overall pipeline and metrics for team, and ensure workloads are adjusted as needed.
- Provide training, guidance and coaching to Processors to address and clarify issues related to procedures and requirements, products, systems, required documents and industry changes.
- Train processors on pipeline management, processing skills, and internal and external customer service standards.
- Monitor and actively manage pipeline through daily, weekly, and monthly reports to assure Credit Union and Credit Union members’ objectives are met.
- Tracks, monitors and reports on key performance indicators and addresses any shortfalls to assure the team is meeting departmental goals.
- Receives, responds to and resolves member service requests according to policies in a prompt, efficient, and courteous manner at all times.
- Participates in the annual review process, including writing, delivering and discussing reviews with team members.
- Executes all new strategies and processes quickly and accurately.
- Monitors, evaluates, and recommends changes to operational procedures to ensure maximum levels of accuracy, productivity, efficiency, cost effectiveness.
- Leads team meetings as necessary.
- Knowledgeable in Federal, State and other agency compliance including, but not limited to ATR, QM, TRID, HMDA and SCRA.
- Directly supervises employees in the Real Estate Loan Processing team.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Under the guidance of the Real Estate Operations Manager, responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in real estate processing.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan products, terminology, compliances and regulations and exposure to loan processing, underwriting, closing and funding of mortgage loans.
- Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have basic computer skills. Requires a strong background and working knowledge of real estate transactions, lending procedures and loan servicing. Knowledge of regulations and compliances in real estate lending and FNMA/Secondary Market guidelines.
- Competitive pay, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts.
- 9-27 days of PTO per year (based on tenure) and 10 paid holidays.
- Affordable medical, dental, vision health plans, and Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
- Career development, training, and coaching, mentoring; tuition reimbursement up to $4,000/year
- Culture of excellence and continuous improvement