In this role, you will:
- Guide all phases of system development and support for new business pursuits related to the battle management, emergency response, and data analytics systems by providing technical strategy, operational concept development, system architecture definition, requirements analysis, trade studies, and leadership through design, implementation, integration, and test phases.
- Be a clear and enthusiastic communicator to customers, users, subcontractors, and project teams to define, analyze, and meet project goals. You will coordinate across design, development, test, project leadership, program management, and customer representatives, creating a collaborative environment that focuses on the big picture. You will be a technical spokesperson for our company, conveying insight and confidence.
- Work towards a high-level vision, but understand the importance of details. You will proactively identify and mitigate risks and define reasonable trade space from which the team can operate. Managing multiple concurrent projects and RFIs will require you to prioritize strategically.
- Proactively determine use cases and requirements, define your own tasks, and execute with little oversight. You will accomplish program goals despite obstacles, ambiguity, changing requirements, and a fast-paced environment.
- Apply systems thinking to software, processes, people, and organizations. You will help harden software and processes into mature, mission-critical, “must-work” products.
- Mentor and guide less experienced engineers, because you are motivated to improve our work environment and help others.
- Support and develop our technical culture by being engaged, intellectually curious, friendly, motivated to solve complex problems, and inspired to deliver superior user-centered design.