As a Tax Manager in our Clayton office, you will be expected to independently provide direct oversight of multiple tax engagements dealing with a range of clients in specific niche areas.
- Assisting with business development by networking, presenting, writing articles, etc.
- Advanced tax planning utilizing current and new tax laws and expressed abilities including strategy planning, succession planning, and general business advising
- Active management of tax projections and estimates in line with active tax planning
- Tax return review with previous signing experience
- Training, guiding and further development of levels from associate to supervisor
- Performing technical tax research to remain a highly technical consultant
- Extensive experience with successful communication with tax authorities on client’s behalf
- Management and successful outcome rating of IRS and state notices and examinations
- Experience with business management matters including billing, collection and WIP management
- Client facing experience and responsible for managing workflow expectations and client satisfaction rating.
- 7+ years recent Public Accounting experience in Tax
- Must have CPA
- Strong foundation of tax accounting and tax law is expected
- Experienced tax reviewer of tax forms including 1120, 1120S, 1065, 1040, 1041, and related schedules and multi-state filings
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office. Advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Experience with tax management tools/software such as CCH ProSystem Axcess software and Engagement software package.
- Strong ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to actively maintain client relationships providing optimum client service in a timely manner
- Ability to work overtime as needed throughout the year to meet client needs
- Strive to provide an inviting work environment that fosters learning
- Motivated to advance and grow oneself, the office and firm
- Responsible individual who will take initiative and ownership of the position.
INDUSTRIES WE SERVICE
- Professional Services
- Real Estate
- Small Business Services
- Best Places to Work 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 Winner, St. Louis Business Journal
- Largest Accounting Firms List, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, St. Louis Business Journal
- The 2020 Regional Leaders – Top 100 Firms: Midwest, Accounting Today
- Who’s Who in Law and Accounting 2015, St. Louis Business Journal
- Top 200 Fastest Growing Firms, 2018, Inside Public Accounting