Responsible for eliminating all causes of failure and coordinating daily maintenance schedules of operating personnel. Leads activities of workers engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment. Provides technical and problem-solving support for the plant and electrical maintenance crews. Supports and executes plant specific electrical maintenance strategies to achieve Plant’s key performance goals for overall maintenance performance. Assures production schedules are met and all issues are resolved and communicated in a timely fashion. Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational and electrical standards. Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Direct/supervise all electrical construction to ensure high quality installation in compliance with the NFPA 70– National Electrical Code and plant standards
Maintain an effective preventative maintenance program of all electrical equipment.
- Ensure that outside electrical contractor work is of the highest quality at the most economical cost and competitively bid, working in conjunction with the Engineering and the Purchasing Department.
- Direct instrumentation selection and technology tracking, standardization, and inventory reduction.
- Direct PLC programming, optimization, PLC development, infrastructure maintenance and growth.
- Coordinate priorities between PLC control development and Process Control Monitoring.
- Work cooperatively with the Process Control Group to achieve an integrated Process Control and Monitoring System.
- Must be a licensed Journeyman.
- Must be qualified and willing to be the signing Electrician for the company’s “Industrial Account” with the State Electrical Bureau.
- Minimum High School education required, college or university degree desirable; six years’ experience in an electrical maintenance environment, preferably frozen potato processing, five years supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Good verbal, written and technical skills, basic mechanics, good electrical controls, and PLC skills.