We are currently seeking an Area Leader for our Transportation-Construction Management (T-CM) Practice in the Dallas, TX area.
The CEI Area Leader is responsible for leading established groups of Engineers and Inspectors in their area. This position will oversee all aspects of Personnel Management, Project Management, and Business Development while serving TxDOT, and regional clients on road and bridge transportation projects. As the Area Leader, you will support established teams currently managing programs for a diverse client base in the Metroplex and NE Texas.
The selected candidate must have a can-do attitude to grow and develop staff while working closely with clients, engineers, and sub-consultants to ensure their needs are met. This will include leading business planning, marketing, meeting financial performance goals, and fulfillment of the firm’s strategy for the construction services practice in and around the assigned area(s).
Also operating as a Project Manager/Resident Engineer, you must have the credentials and ability to manage Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI) teams for TxDOT, and regional clients on large complex road and bridge transportation projects. Additional job duties include implementing quality assurance procedures, preparing and submitting estimates, checking engineering calculations, interpreting contract documents, planning and organizing the work of subordinate and staff members while continually developing and reviewing policies, practices, methods, and procedures of a professional work environment.
**Please provide a project list that includes construction values along with your resume.**
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited university
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Texas
- 14+ years of experience in Construction Management/Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI) in major road or bridge construction
- Prior management/supervisory experience required
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- TxDOT Pre-Certification for 11.1.1 and 11.2.1 preferred
- History of managing large complex Department of Transportation Projects with Federal Funding
- 5+ years of experience in managing budgets, business planning, with a history of exceeding financial goals
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental